Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Rogue chicken




We have a chicken named Claira. She is a cross breed.  Her head is brown and her body is black.  Anyway for whatever reason she will not follow the flock.  She is a drummer that follows her own beat.

I've tried a multitude of things to help her reenter our flock.  I think things are going well and the next thing I notice is her on the front porch again.  I decided, what the heck and began feeding and watering her on the porch.  I even put a basket with straw on the porch and she sleeps and lounges in the basket.  It is the cutest thing.  I will post a picture when it isn't as cold as 20 below.

I can watch her while in the kitchen.  By the way, I'm in the kitchen a lot.  Anyway, I have grown to love her little antics.  She jumps up and down on our table and glider playing with our barn cats that mosey up her for a treat.  Maybe she dreams of being a cat or believes she is one, who knows.  My three year old granddaughter, Zoey is even captured by her comedy.  Zoey calls her a "Road Chicken" .  Because every once in a while we find Claira in the middle of the road.  Thank God we do not have much traffic!!!

I began worrying about her in this wea

No comments:

Post a Comment