Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

Chickens and Fetticini

Fettuccine and chickens are a funny mix.  I had left overs of fettuccine noodles and decided I wanted to see if my chickens would eat them.  My friend told me she frequently make spaghetti for her chickens and they love it.

Yesterday morning after watering, the chickens followed me out to the barn yard like usual thinking I was going to give them scratch as I do every morning.

I laid the noodles down on the ground and to my surprise they began fighting over each noodle.  It
 was the caviar of the chicken world.  Imagine the movie  Lady and the Tramp , the cute scene in which Lady begins eating a spaghetti noodle and Tramp finds himself on the same noodle.  Suddenly, they come face to face and their eyes meet.  Now you can imagine my chickens minus the romance.  As the chickens scurried around, our cat, Otis noticed all the ruckus and joined the fun.  Chickens, roosters, and a large gray hair tom cat began fighting over the delicious noodle.  What a sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment